Tuesday 23 July 2013

HOW TO FIX THE PESKY PROBLEM OF HOSES NOT CONNECTING TO THE SPRAY GUN

AMAZON.CO.UK FOR GARDENING STUFF

I have written earlier about my problem with hose connections and watering.

You see, I have a grand total off 5 hoses, bought or given over the years.

The yellow and pink ones and spray guns


Two at home, one yellow for the short distance from the tap and the front garden, and one pink long one for the end of the garden, where there is a fig tree and a micro pond.

On the allotment, I have two plots, 45 rods each, separately.  So I have this arrangement:

Two hoses, one yellow and one blue, connected to one another  (some distance from the communal tap) and yet another, green, for the second.

 We are lucky that our allotment site permits the use of hoses, but not sprinklers.


Have bought some Hozelock fittings from Amazon.co.uk this summer.

HOZELOCK WATERING FITTINGS - here is the link to Hozelock's website

These promise to be superior quality to the ones I have been struggling with up to now.  So far so good.

There is a metal tap connector.


There is a metal and plastic fitting to go on the end of the hose, for connecting to the tap.



There is a small metal spray gun.

Like I do with plants, I have over the years collected spray guns.  They don't  seem to last long, in my experience.  They tend to clog, and there is no easy way to clean them.



Have bought stuff in the past from B & Q, Homebase, and The Garden Centre, but now have put my trust in this new metal Hozelock equipment, thanks to Amazon.co.uk.

Time will tell if it is worth the extra money!

HERE IS SOMETHING I READ ON THE ROYAL HORTICULTURAL WEBSITE
My comment is, oh well, its so necessary to be an optimist, otherwise you would just give it all up!
"Although watering sounds like a simple task, supplying just right amount can be a challenge.
  • Too little and plants can be prone to boltingpowdery mildew and nutrient deficiencies such as blossom end rot in tomatoes
  • Too much water can cause leafy growth, which is great for lettuce, but not for root vegetables such as carrots which can split
  • Overwatering can exacerbate slug and snail problems and encourage foot and root rots"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment